Our city hosts a fantastic range of food events, from community gardening days to food festivals, cookery demo days, permaculture training, farmers’ markets and food waste pop-up restaurants to mention just a few!
Keep an eye on this page to see what’s on near you.
- This event has passed.
Healthy eating and nutrition – training for trainers/facilitators
30th September 2015 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
If you run or want to run sessions on healthy eating or cooking, the Pilton Community Health Project (PCHP) invite you to join them for a free training session to discuss:
- how to deliver healthy eating and nutrition sessions; and
- how to create your own resources using the Pilton Community Health Project online nutrition toolkit.
PCHP have developed a toolkit covering a wide range of relevant topics, and using up-to-date NHS and government data, they have created a series of activities and resources that can help you deliver sessions about cooking, nutrition and healthy eating.
This session will inform you how to use the toolkit and incorporate it into work you are doing or planning. The kit will help you:
- Create your own nutrition education resources
- Incorporate the right message to the sessions you are planning
- Answer questions regarding nutrition and healthy eating
- Increase participants’ knowledge about a specific topic, such as salt, sugar and fats
To find out more or book your free place, phone 0131 551 1671 or e-mail Memes at firstname.lastname@example.org.